(DEC. 2, 2022) – Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay has been notified by our baker, Little Brownie Bakers, that they are experiencing supply chain and workforce disruptions that will impact production and delivery of our Digital Cookie direct-shipped cookies during the upcoming cookie season. As a result, we will kick off our season on December 15, 2022, except for direct-shipped cookies and Raspberry Rally cookies.
While this is unfortunate, girls will still sell and take orders in person and can receive cookie orders via the approved digital platform (Digital Cookie®) to personally deliver cookies to their local customers. We are also working with Girl Scouts of the USA to provide our troops and girls with cookie resources and marketing assets to help mitigate the impact of the inventory issues to our customers.
We are looking forward to the start of the 2023 cookie season as we are excited to see our Girl Scouts showcase their entrepreneurial skills.
The primary disruptions are:
- Digital Cookie Launch Delay – Digital Cookie will be available to Girl Scouts starting December 15, 2022, NOT December 10, 2022, as we had originally planned.
- Direct Shipping – When the Digital Cookie platform opens on December 15th, the shipped direct-to-customers option will be unavailable until February 27, 2023. Girl Scout Cookie customers will still be able to place orders for girl delivery and Operation Taste of Home donations.
- Raspberry Rally cookies, only available to ship to customer’s homes, will not be available for purchase until February 27, 2023.
Timeline of communications and new dates:
- November 30, 2022 – Service Unit Managers and Service Unit Cookie Champions notified of disruption, along with GSCB Staff and GSCB Board of Directors.
- December 1, 2022 – Service Unit Manager (SUM) and Service Unit Cookie Champions (SUCC) Virtual Meeting.
- December 1, 2022 – Following call with SUM and SUCC group, communications will be sent to the Service Unit Cookie Teams.
- December 2, 2022 – Communication to Troop Co-Leaders and Troop Cookie Champions.
- December 2, 2022 – Communication to Girl Scouts and their Caregivers.
- December 5, 2022 – Updates to Volunteer Site, website, and trainings.
- December 8, 2022 – Booth Champion Virtual Meeting.
- December 15, 2022 – New launch date for Digital Cookie (girl delivered/Operation Taste of Home donations only).
- February 27, 2023 – Digital Cookie opens for shipped orders, including Raspberry Rally’s and will stay open until March 19, 2023. Starting March 12th, all girl delivered options in Digital Cookie will be shut off, only option will be ship to customer only.
We thank you for your commitment to the Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay!
Director of Product Programs
Have additional questions? Join us for our 2023 Cookie Office Hours, Tuesday, December 6, 2022, 12 PM – 1 PM. – REGISTER HERE