Service Unit Fall Product Champions (SUFPC) are an invaluable part of the Girl Scout Fall Product Program. Volunteers like you are the champions, role models and coaches who help girls discover their amazing potential and take steps towards achieving their goals.
Stay connected with the GSCB Product Program Team and Fellow Service Unit Fall Product Champions by joining our GSCB SU Product Program Team Facebook Group! This is not required for your role, but highly recommended to receive real-time updates from GSCB and peer-to-peer advice.
SUFPCs must complete Fall Product Training via gsLearn. After completing your Product Program Champion Agreement, you will receive an email notifying you that the training has become available.
What does a Service Unit Fall Product Champion do?
- Serve as a key member of the Service Unit team and act as a liaison between the GSCB Product Program and Membership teams to facilitate the Fall Product Program.
- Complete a Product Program Champion Agreement Form.
- Complete Service Unit Fall Product training virtually via gsLearn.
- Help support Troop Fall Product Champions (TFPCs) with Fall Product Program responsibilities: answering questions, ensuring deadlines are met, administration of the program, delivery, rewards and technology.
- Advocate troop and girl participation in all aspects of the Fall Product Program.
- Assist in Service Unit Training for fellow volunteers in Fall Product Program responsibilities, including, but not limited to administration of program, delivery, rewards, and technology.
- In partnership with the Product Program Team, arrange for local delivery of product and rewards
- Ability to meet deadlines as they relate to all aspects of the Fall Product Program.
- Follow all processes and procedures, as dictated by Girl Scouts of the USA and Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay.
For detailed instructions, dates, helpful tips and more, view the Service Unit Fall Product Champion Manual.
Service Unit Fall Product Champion Requirements
- Must be a registered member of Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay and successfully complete the volunteer screen process, including background checks and additional steps, as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Access, ability and willingness to utilize technology, including an actively used email address.
- Uphold the Girl Scout Promise & Law in all interactions with the general public, Girl Scout members and GSCB Staff.
- Provide the requested feedback surrounding the facilitation and execution of the Cookie Program.
M2OS Tutorial Videos for SUs
Looking for more information on the Fall Product program? Check out this video from M2:
*Please be aware that this video does not count as your Fall Product Training. You must still complete the Fall Product Training in gsLearn in order to be approved as a Service Unit Fall Product Champion.